
Welcome to my room! :)
Our room is on the 4th floor, but because in China 4 is symbolic for death they either skip it or us 3B. Over the past three months My room-mates and I have become very close! A lot of this is due to our little living quarters. The Chinese teachers think its crazy that three of us share the same size room that they have to themselves. But we like it, it makes everyday an adventure!!

This would be our bathroom!! Its not too different than at home, luckily we were put in a school that has Western toilets in the rooms. Many of the other ILP schools have squatters in their apartments! We get to use those enough out in public and at the school! Our shower hangs on the wall next to the toilet, so after every use you get to pull the squeegie out and clean the floor!

This is my bed/area! Working at Scout Camp has helped me a lot for this experience:) We each just have our bed that is our areas. Here I actually have drawers, instead of having to use milk crates! However, they would come in really handy around here! The beds are pretty hard and at first none of us were able to fall asleep on them and you would wake up with your hips hurting- but I have actually become very fond of them! I don't even think I miss my bed at home anymore! I don't have a picture of the whole room, but it doesn't look much different than this! Just three beds and a dresser with our tv on it and a fridge!

This is our deck/laundry room! Its fun to have the washer on the deck, gives you an excuse to be outside!! We don't have dryers here, so we hang all our clothes up to dry! We are very lucky to even have a washer. The Chinese teachers who live in our same building have to wash all their clothes by hand!

The last stop on this tour is our kitchen! We have lots of fun toys in here, too bad we don't cook very often :) We have made lots of brownies, cookies, popcorn and instant noodles in here! We made some friends that live across the hall who have no oven, so they use ours and taught us how to make a Chinese cake... it didn't turn out so well... but it still tasted good!!

I have trouble keeping my eyes open for pictures ;)

How cute! When do you get home from China?
ReplyDelete