Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blog Pedagogy

I am taking an Instructional Technology and Learning Sciences class. 
 For one of my assignments I am supposed to write a blog about educational blogs.  Education is taking some amazing advances with technology.  Many classes are having more access to computers, iPads all which are being used for educational purposes.  Several different elementary classes all over the world are creating blogs for their classroom! This gives students the opportunity to learn about technology and improve their writing skills.  It is also a fun way to show parents what the students are doing in the classroom! 
http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=41233
This is a blog is for the third graders in room 12 at Arbor Heights Elementary! 
Each of the children in the class wrote a scary story for Halloween and got to submit it to their blog! http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=41233&assignmentid=12975 I am sure it is fun for the students to see their stories published online! 
Another educational blog I found is a class of 11 and 12 year old students form Auckland, New Zealand! 




 I would have been very content attending school here!! In their blog they talk about their experiences learning to sail and to kayak! The class has a lot of fun and they really enjoy sharking their experiences with everyone through their blog.  I think it helps makes activities and assignments come to life!
http://www.classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=71175
photo
Another blog is from students from Mr. Crosby's class! They are learning all about technological education materials! This is going to be such an advantage to them! I am taking this class to learn how to Blog, Skype make Wiki pages, podcasts and video casts and they are learning this in 5th grade!! Something fun this class did was to create a little experiment and then had people vote on the blog what would happen! To hear about their fun read their blog!!



http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=65078

No comments:

Post a Comment