Saturday, February 18, 2012

Anatomy Shy

My Awkward Moment for the Week!! :)

Many of you may know I am currently taking Human Anatomy... The hardest class I have ever taken! It is actually really fascinating and each week I have a lab I attend where we learn bones and muscles and all that fun stuff.. :) Well Yesterday for the first time we pulled out the cadavers!
I was so excited!! I went to the Body worlds exhibit in Salt Lake and found the body SO fascinating!!
When they unzipped the body bags  I will be honest it was a little unnerving but still fascinating.  We were into class about ten minutes when one girl went extremely pale and the TA had another classmate take her out... I thought that was so weird!! I was doing perfectly fine and was loving class.... haha atleast that is what I thought!!  
About five minutes later after pulling up cut portions of muscle and examining layers and looking at body fat I found myself getting a little nauseous! Then I felt my face go completely white!! Atleast I could feel all the blood leave so I'm sure I was as pale as a ghost!! That is when I started swaying and I knew then I had to get out into the hall and sit down!! Of course I was trapped between two tables and about 15 students.  I thought maybe I could compose myself, but there was no way!! So I start making my way through the students I am sure walking like a drunk person because I could barely stand up.  The next thing I know I can't see or hear anything and come back to myself as I run smack into the classroom door with another girl holding me up by my arms!! Haha!! I was so confused and so embarrassed!! 
I sat in the hall for awhile, then when I went back into class everyone was nice and got me a chair to sit on and my water bottle as I am sure now my face is BRIGHT RED!!

The best part was after class when someone asked what I happened and before I could answer a kid in my lab blurts out... she blacked out and ran STRAIGHT INTO THE DOOR!! 
At least I gave my class some entertainment for the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment