Jeremy was able to get lots of money donated so that we could get a new shooting range and I got to help build it!
I learned to use a handsaw and a nail gun- I decided I really like power tools!!
My favorite part of the summer was learning to use a very intense power tool- A Chainsaw!! :) For a few summers now I have wanted to become chainsaw certified, so my dream finally came true! I didn't cut down any tree down, it was a 150 foot tree!! :)




Another goal I had over the 6 summers of working at Bartlett was to swim the mile in lake Fife! I think I pushed this goal till the very last second possible, my last summer at camp the last mile of the summer I swam the mile and finished in 56 minutes! Amanda, Rachel and Emily all swam it as well. It was pretty exhausting but fun- this is Amanda and I looking lovely and exhausted!
While at camp I had to keep some of my favorite traditions going :) One of which is hiking the 7 mile hike up to huckleberry! It is really fun to sit for hours picking those little berries and eating as many as you can! The best part of all is smearing huckleberry juice all over everyones faces, it makes me happy every time!! :D
Every year I get a beautiful picture of all of us Huckleberry monsters!
Another fun tradition is mine and Bethany's sleepover on the deck. I don't know how this tradition started, but I love it- we take silly pictures on milk crates and then eat oreos in peanut butter!
During girls week Bethany, Rachel and I were supposed to take the girls on an overnight hike... however, sadly nobody showed up to go with us :(
But we still wanted some adventure, so we went on our own overnighter- just the three of us! And we had a wonderful time being wilderness survival girls!!
I love Bartlett, it is my home away from home! I have had some very fun adventures there!!! Thanks for all the memories!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW...I love this post! Except your favorite part should probably change, I know knocking down huge trees is great, but your favorite should be spending four weeks with me! haha! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteYa that is exactly what I meant... I didn't mean the Chainsaw part :D It was an amazing 4 weeks- Miss you too!
ReplyDelete