Saturday, December 4, 2010

I am thankful for...

I wanted to do the 24 days of Thanksgiving, however I forgot until about day ten ;) So here is my list of thanks for November all at once. I LOVED doing this, everyday I would think about all the things I was thankful for that I could add to the list. It was so fun to spend most of the month constantly being Thankful!
Here We go, I am Thankful for....
1. The Gospel- I have always loved being a member of this church, I know I would be lost without it- However, until I spent some time in China did I realize how lucky I was to have it in my life. I met people everyday you have never had the opportunity to love our Heavenly Father and it made me want to embrace this gospel as much as I can
2. My mom :)- My mom has taught me so many wonderful skills- She got me a sewing machine when I was five and I have been sewing since, she also taught me how to cut hair- which has been very helpful, I have been able to cut my family members hair and those that I work with at camp. She has tried to teach me to cook... one day i will be better, hopefully
3. My dad- we are such great buddys, and I am thankful that he has taught me to be down to earth. I have been mowing our lawn since I was ten, he got me into scouting, he taught me how to change a tire and some good construction tips :)
4. Families- I love my siblings, they are my best friends and we have so much fun together. I love spending time with them and I am thankful that I can feel so comfortable with them
5. Skype- I may not have lived through China without skype, it allowed me to talk with my family and friends once a week! It also lets me see Kristals face while she is in Hawaii, even though we talk more on it while she is just around the corner ;)
6. The Mountains- They are probably my most favorite place to be, the mountains offer so many opportunities; camping, hiking, mountain biking, skiing, tubing, ect... ;)
7. Sunsets- I LOVE sunsets, I love to drive over the bridge by my house at night just to see the sunset over the great salt lake, probably the most beautiful scene ever
8. School- I sometimes complain about having to go to school and take tests, but I really am thankful for the opportunity I have to learn. The two months waiting to go to China without any school helped me realize the joy of attending school
9. Books- I wish I made more time to read them, when I do sit down and read I am thankful for that time to escape into another world and become part of the story
10. Music- At my house we have the radio on 24/7 which I think is due to the fact my mom just likes to dance to it ;)
11. The Jonas Brothers :) I know this is so silly and immature!! But I love the fact that the Jonas Brothers is something that me and my best friends all love and gives us something to enjoy together. It also helps remind me to be young and silly!!
12. Change- I feel really good about myself for being able to say I am thankful for change, because it is usually something I hate and run from! However, change brings about wonderful and new opportunities and great chances to grow and become a better person.
13. The Color Orange!! I LOVE this color so much and sometimes I am willing to accept that is it as unhealthy obsession... but I love that it is a part of who I am- if you know me... you know that I am crazy about this color, and I love that. I am thankful for the silly happiness it brings me
14. Laughter. I am so thankful for the joy of laughter, it brings people together lightens the mood and just makes the world a better place :)
15. Random Acts of Kindness, how can you not be thankful for someone when they smile at you, open your door or even give you their seat on the shuttle!!
16. Old Movies- I am thankful for the memories they bring. When I was five my favorite movies were Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, Gidget Goes Hawaiin and Hello Dolly... I definitely had a different childhood :) But they are so fun!
17. My Bunny! I am thankful everyday for my cute little baby bunny, he is so cute and something about him makes me happy and calm
18. SNOW! It would be SO Easy to complain about the cold, icy roads and having to shovel but it is so much for fun to be thankful for what it brings!! It brings adventure, time to go skiing, snowshoeing, tubing and man more fun things.
19. Missionaries- All my best guy friends from high school are currently on their missions right now and I know their lives are being blessed. I am also thankful for the opportunity i will have to go on a mission one day... maybe it will be in the very near future or a long time from now, either way I am thankful for the opportunity.
20. Yoga- I have now been doing yoga for 3 years and I am still thankful for it after every class. I am a much more relaxed easy going person than I was my senior year!
21. Talents, I have learned to really appreciate my talents no matter what they are. Everyone has talents and we should learn to appreciate them, use them and be thankful for them
22. My Friends- I have the BEST FRIENDS ever- the four of us are so silly and happy together and I am thankful everyday that they can be a part of my life! They have made me a better person, loved and supported me with everything and taught me how to love others!!
23. America- It was not till i spent time in China that I truly appreciated our freedom, we have so much to appreciate here and we don't usually know it.
24. Camp Bartlett!! I can never give enough thanks to the person Camp Bartlett has made me! i have had so many adventures, growing opportunities, spiritual experiences and the chance to make many new friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment