Sunday, December 19, 2010

I miss my Tina!

Every once in awhile.. probably more often than not, I REALLY miss China!! I miss my friends, the people, the culture, the experiences and even my Crazy guard friend Seth!!
Friday afternoon some friends took me to this authentic restaurant in Salt Lake that had food from the same providence I was in... I was so content eating all the foods I have missed- Rice rolls, duck, lotus fruit, egg plant, fried green beans. It was wonderful- first place I have found that has real Chinese food!!
Today I got to talk with my friend Tina!! Because of the huge time difference it doesn't happen very often. She is a teacher at the school I volunteered at, she lived across the hall from me and speaks very good English! Tina made my experience in China wonderful- she invited me over to room at least twice a week to just chat and giggle, or she would cook me food and bring me wonderful leeche and mangoes!! She also would take us shopping, out to get the most delicious desert ever and play badminton with me!! :)





It is difficult to know I may never see her again, but I can not wait for the church to enter China, because I know she is ready to accept it. She realizes something is missing in her life and I can not wait for her to truly understand this gospel and feel of the happiness it brings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment