Saturday, October 9, 2010

I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world!

This is my last post and tribute to China.
February 23rd was a day that my life took a spin for the better and now I will never be the same. Going to China was something I had planned for and anticipated for almost 3 years. However, as the day got closer and closer the more and more I got scared, worried and nervous. In all the planning, preparing and anticipation I had almost overlooked the fact I was going half way across the world for almost 5 months without knowing anybody else. In all my fear I was given a wonderful opportunity of learning to trust and rely on the Lord, I knew that as long as I followed my Heavenly Fathers plan for me, he would lead me through this journey. As I went to the airport, said good-bye to my family and anxiously awaited the plane I was lucky enough to meet someone who I would come to know very well.

Amanda and I sat next to each other on every single flight all the way to Hong Kong, Heavenly Father knew I needed someone to give me the confidence and assurance that everything was going to be okay, and Amanda was the perfect person for that.
Along with my amazing friend Amanda I was luckily to cross paths with some of the most kind, wonderful and loving people. 5 months with the same 11 people is bound to bring trials, which we did face. However, we all were such wonderful friends who loved each other and were able to make this experience the best for each other!

China brought some wonderful experiences
I met two new friends who I will always love and hope to be with again some day

I learned to try new things, by the time I came home there was nothing I couldn't eat :)

I had the lucky opportunity to have a chinese stalker :)

I got to travel all over China and experience it's beauty

I was trained by a true Kung-Fu master

I was able to teach 25 of the most adorable children English

But most importantly I was able to spend 4 and a half months learning about who I truly am. Being away from my family and friends for the first time in another country was not always easy- I had to learn to trust in myself without having those I love to fall back on. I am thankful everyday for this opportunity I had and the person it helped me become.
I will never forget the friends I made, the children I taught or the Love I have for this country!





Thank You China!!
"A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove . . . . but the world maybe different because I was important in the life of a child." - Kathy Davis

2 comments:

  1. cute!! I loved the video! I'm glad you learned and grew and figured out who you are...funny how that happens, and how we grow up and such! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! We put the video together our last weeks in China- my friend Andrea was the creator! :) Being away really changes you huh?!

    ReplyDelete