Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 in Pictures!

This has been an exciting year full of lots of adventure, however, I am sure next year will bring even more!

This year I got to go on my first big adventure.... I went to China and spent 5 months teaching English, it was wonderful and I hope many other adventures like this are in my near future!



Only 3 days after returning home from China I was off on another adventure I had always wanted to go on... I went and spent a week backpacking through Philmont! :) I was lucky enough to go with my cousin Bethany!


My cousin Kelly and his family live in Atlanta, Georgia so we only see them a few times a year. Last year I spent a week in Georgia with them, this year they came to Utah and I was lucky enough to be home to see them!!
I have had the dream of cutting down a tree for a long time!! Mike Jensen helped fulfill this wish and certified me in chainsaw safety and then off I went to cutting down my first tree!!
Bethany has been trying to get me to swim the mile and camp for a LONG time, I finally swam it the last week of camp... procrastination? Yes! but at least I did it!
I learned a lot of new skills, like how to use a hand saw and nail gun and I got to help build the new rifle range!

I went on a wilderness campout with my best friend Michelle and we built our first shelter together, it worked extremely well!! :)
For part of my awards I earned in Venturing I had to catch food and prepare it! After several failed attempts I finally caught my first fish!
We went on our annual trip to the fair!

One of my Best Friends Bradi Jones got married!
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I got to spend it with some of my favorite people! It was an amazing Halloween!

Michelle, Brittany and I attended our first annual Ski Burning Bonfire, a sacrifice to the Snow Gods... In attempts to find it we ran into Dracula's Castle!

I finished my first ever Caligraphy Piece!
I went to the jazz game with my friends!


I turned 21!
I earned the Ranger award for Venturing along with the two top awards the gold and silver!

We got to meet Kristal at the airport after returning home from a semester in Hawaii! We also met Elder L. Tom Perry!
I was able to celebrate my 21st birthday with my best friends and go to the Gallivan Center for the first time!
My friends and I have kept up our sleepover tradition! We have been having sleepovers since we were 5!!
I got to Welcome Home 2 of my Best Friends!
Kyle Spackman
and Kendell Coburn!
Ringing in the New Year with my Cousins!! :)
What a Wonderful Year!! I am exciting for what 2011 will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment