Thursday, August 19, 2010

Because I knew you... I have been changed for good!

—John 15:12-13 “This is my commandment, that you love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends..."
For most of my life I have been blessed with two best friends-Michelle and Kristal. Throughout Junior High and High School we were inseperable, we played every weekend, doubled on almost every single date, laughed together, cried together and were there for each other throughout everything. In January Kristal left to attend BYU Hawaii, this was the first time the three of us were apart and not much later it was my turn to leave. I have always had my friends with me, so there were times that were difficult with out them! Luckily while in China I made two friends, Tina and Mandy, who were the Best Friends anyone could ask for while living away in another country.
They also had left their families, moved into my same dorms to be English teachers at my school! We were able to make each other feel at home as best as possible! They helped me learn Chinese as I helped them improve their English, they fed me food all the time, and invited me over all the time to laugh and joke like I would with my friends at home!

I have never been more thankful for two people in my life! These two girls helped introduce me to the culture and made living away from home in another culture much easier than expected! I am thankful for these two everyday and for the friendship they gave me, the compassion they showed me and for how much they helped me grow!
It was difficult to watch them struggle in life and yearn for something more when I knew something they didn't- I had exactly what they were missing, i have the Gospel and I really hope to share it with them someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment