Today is the day we saw MAOS DEAD BODY!! At Tiananmen Square there is a memorial center for Mao and it cases his body which has been preserved for about 50 years!! There is always a line to see him and most people bring flowers to present to him.
It was really interesting to see how much the people respected and honored him, it was such an honor for them to have this opportunity to see Mao. It was definitely an experience for us to go in, but not the same as for them.
Afterwards, a few of us went to one of the cutest places in Beijing, the Temple of Heaven!! It is the most layback and relaxed historical parks we visited!
The park is full of elderly couples enjoying their days together. One part of the park music is playing and everyone is dancing!! Joey actually went out and danced with a few of the women who I am pretty sure were fighting over him! Here is a video of some of the cute women and couples having fun!!
There were men playing with the coolest hacky sacs and they were Amazing! I have never seen such skill!
I really am in love with this place! If I lived in Beijing I would spend all my time in the Temple of Heaven- there was such a happy and relaxed feeling- everyone was just enjoying life and appeared to have no worries!
The Temple of Heaven has some really interesting history, there is a lot of symbolism connecting the heaven and earth. We had some fun taking pictures- I really liked the whole setting of the temple.
They also had an echo wall and if you stood in the very middle everything you said echoed! Most people didn’t care about the echo, they just wanted the picture!! I made sure to jump up and down and yell so I could hear it echo!!
Can I retire to here someday?
This was our last full day in Beijing… which meant it was our last chance to see the Olympic Stadium up close! Andrea, Joey and I were very determined! We took the subway again, which was scary because we knew it was closing soon! Luckily we made it on the last subway. We were so happy getting off the subway- everything was decorated for the Olympics, we walk out and all the lights are on, the birds nest and the torch were lit up it was such an exciting moment! About 2 minutes later the lights shut off completely… everything was shut down…. We were so close and missed it by only minutes!!! So again we had to see everything from a distance!!
We decided to keep the determination of an Olympian in mind We were going to keep on going no matter what!!
We were a little sad and so to fill our sorrows we bought a sweet potato off the street… and surprisingly it was delicious!! I may have been because it was the only thing we had eaten the entire day
As we were walking down the street some girls came running past us- all three of us look at each other and we start running along with them, they just looked at us and laughed!! It was pretty silly!
Even though we never got to get up close and be in the Olympic Square we still had some amazing adventures trying to get there!!

No comments:
Post a Comment