Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Chicken...Mmmmm Chicken Feet....Hmmm

School lunch was always an interesting experience in China! Every meal was served which rice... which I Loved along with what we called "mystery meat" We usually had no idea what we were eating and I was happy that way. When I did ask I usually got answers like intestines, pigs ear, skin... the good stuff :s

I usually had something I liked each day, the scary food days were when the chicken feet were pulled out! It wasn't until about half way through the semester we got brave enough to eat them!

It took a lot of preparation physically and mentally :)

They really weren't too bad... it was more the idea! I had a hard time realizing I was sucking on CHICKEN FEET :) I felt pretty proud of myself though, before coming to China i had a difficult time trying anything weird and by the time I left China I would eat anything!!

If was definitely something we had to try before leaving China and I am glad we did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment