Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lions and Tigers and... Pandas?!

Guangzhou China is home to the most AMAZING Animal Park I have ever been to in my life!!! :) I Love animals, so I really enjoy zoo's... this one tops them all off!
One of the first things we see coming into the zoo are BABY TIGERS! Now I was pretty happy about this, they were so adorable, I wanted my own. Then we find out, not only did we get to see them but we could HOLD THEM!!! :) :)

We each got time to hold and pet the tiger while feeding it- it was so precious to have its little paws on my hand trying to get more milk! I fell in Love!

It is too bad they have to grow up and be scary... even though they are still gorgeous as they get bigger


Growing up, along with being obsessed with dolphins, I loved Monkeys- so I really enjoyed seeing all the different monkeys at the zoo. They had the cutest baby monkeys which had so much area and had fun running around everywhere!


Here is us joining in on all the monkey fun!



Our Head Teacher Tiffany LOVES Giraffes, so we had fun going to see them with her :) I think it made her whole trip to China!


Another amazing part of this zoo was the ELEPHANTS :) They actually had one elephant you could take a ride on!!! So yes, we did ride elephants!


Amanda and I took a nice little stroll on our elephant... actually it was pretty bumpy :) We went on a trail that eventually took us down into a little pool!


My favorite animals in this zoo were the white tigers! They are the most beautiful and graceful animals I have ever seen! I stayed watching them for a long time, completely content with life!


I got really lucky and was able to be at the very front when they started the feedings! They first would hang a piece of meat over a pool of water- as the tigers would jump for the meat they would grab it in mid air and go splashing into the water! It was so much fun to watch!


I also had fun watching when they put the meat at the top of the pole for the tigers to climb up to! It was so impressive! :) I was able to catch a piece of it on camera!



And of course... Last but not least :) We saw PANDAS!!! They are not the most exciting animals, but they are so cute and fluffy I just loved them. It was really fun to see them while living in China, that made it even more wonderful!!


This was a very happy day in my life!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my every time I read your blog I think how amazing and fun it looked!! Such great pictures! love you

    ReplyDelete